Use our handy Moisture meter to ensure you get the best burn from your fuel. Our newest model not only has a backlight screen to illuminate the reading but the built-in colour change technology indicates the moisture level of the firewood. It’s an essential tool for any fireplace owner!
How does the moisture meter work?
Fuel quality is the single most important aspect of making a successful fire. To burn effectively the moisture content of firewood needs to be less than 20%, whether it’s being used in an open fire or a stove. Freshly felled timber can have a moisture content of between 30% and 60%, which when burnt can cause dangerous creosote build-up in chimneys.
Using a moisture meter is a great way to check whether your wood will give you a safe and efficient burn, or if it needs further seasoning. The screen will glow green if your fuel contains less than 20% moisture, indicating that it’s ready to go.
The new Valiant moisture meter can also be used in timber, floors and buildings in order to detect and measure moisture content.
- Easy to use and read, even in poor light
- Measure moisture content of wood fuels, structural timber and brickwork
- Burning fully seasoned wood generates more heat, and reduces both chimney deposits and environmental pollution
- Built-in colour change technology
- Measure temperature in °C or °F
- Low battery indicator
- Complete with protective storage bag